Thursday, December 09, 2004

The What and Who

Finally, my publisher and I worked through the synopsis/cover blurb and author's bio. It's kind of a struggle for me. It's strange. I mean, I have no problem writing up a brief synopsis complete with character blurbs for a movie I've just seen and reviewed. But I have such problems writing a synopsis of my own book. I guess it's true that when you're so close to your own work, you lose sight of the big picture. I keep thinking of the small details, the themes, the plot, etc. etc. It's hard to focus on the "big picture" and "premise," especially when the book is character-driven and organic.

Also, we nail down the picture for the publisher site and the book backcover. I must say, I look pretty sexy and mysterious in the pic. Bwhahahahahaha.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home