Sunday, January 30, 2005

Another Go-Around

The second phase has started. This time it's to fix punctuations and grammar. There are some stylistic choices I don't necessarily agree with the publisher, but since I sign the contract, I'll most likely comply. Stylistic choices such as the use of semicolons vs. periods or whether emphasis (italicized texts) should be used are, to me, minor issues. As long as they don't negatively impact my story or characters, I'm fine with them. I see them as ways of improving my book.

Don't dwell on the stone so you don't see the mountain.

The good thing is that the editor thinks the book is very strong at this point (only second go-around) and very close to production quality. I'm really proud of this book, and to hear a seasoned editor tell me that means a lot to me. I'm very excited about the progress. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home